The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2013 3:50 PM  #1

Nicki

A while ago I got a used Nicki doll on Ebay, and I asked for tips about how to fix her hair. Now it looks a lot beeter, but it's still slightly frizzy and messy-looking, even when I've just curled it, and it's separated into a thousand little curls that tangle a lot. Does anyone know how I can get it looking neater, and get the curls back to their roughly original size? She's pretty anyway, but I'd really like her hair to be better.

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

12/19/2013 6:58 PM  #2

Re: Nicki

Herbal essences. and maybe finger-curling, and a pencil. wrap hair around pencil, and spary with herbal esseces.

I'm a banana! AnonymousA here!
Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!
I NEED #33 RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM! lol

12/19/2013 7:01 PM  #3

Bruss out one curl. Trus tme on this - I've seen a doll ahir salonist do this. DROWN it with water. Then wrap it around a pencil, your finger, anything round. it will dry perfecto. 

Hello! My name is Jasmine aka the Glitter Gal. I like fashion and doing hair. Have a great day!

12/20/2013 12:34 PM  #4

Thanks!

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

1/19/2017 8:44 AM  #5

Shampoo and/or condition her hair, then use a marker or pen (depending on what size curls you want) to wrap the hair up in a tube on her head. Bobby pin securely. Then, when head is covered in tubes, prepare a pot of boiling water and a big bowl of ice water. Cool boiling H2o for 5 minutes, then dunk her hair  (NOT her scalp )in the water, then into the ice water.  Repeat up to 10 times. Lay her down on a towel and let hair sit for 3 days. Then unwrap curls! (Careful when dunking not to let head or limbs touch the sides;they will melt. Don't get the eyes wet, or they will rust. Finally, don't drop the doll in the water or she will be obliterated.

[img]webkit-fake-url://7dc06429-762f-47bf-bc79-8b959a0c7a99/imagegif[/img]
You can find happiness right where you are... and at the ocean.

Board footera