The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2017 11:31 AM  #1

Pegasus Series by Kate O'Hearn

So, like I was saying on the other thread...all the books I've read recently are series ones. I got the last, newest Pegasus book for Christmas. I'm sad the series is over, but I thought the conclusion was good. Has anyone else read these?

~Manta~

1/19/2017 11:32 AM  #2

Re: Pegasus Series by Kate O'Hearn

Ooh, that series sounds super interesting! I've never heard of it before. What's it about?

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
I'm Madi! I'm a professional blogger, YouTuber, 
minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
Check out my website, 
DelightfulWorldofDolls.com!

1/19/2017 11:42 AM  #3

Summary of the first book from Goodreads:
"A young girl, a winged horse, and a war of epic proportions make for an adventurous start to an exciting new trilogy.

When Pegasus crashes onto a Manhattan roof during a terrible storm, Emily’s life changes forever. Suddenly allied with a winged horse she’d always thought was mythical, Emily is thrust into the center of a fierce battle between the Roman gods and a terrifying race of multiarmed stone warriors called the Nirads. Emily must team up with a thief named Paelen, the goddess Diana, and a boy named Joel in order to return Pegasus to Olympus and rescue the gods from a certain death.

Along the way, Emily and her companions will fight monsters, run from a government agency that is prepared to dissect Pegasus, and even fly above the Manhattan skyline—all as part of a quest to save Olympus before time runs out."

There are six books total now, though-it isn't just a trilogy. There are no bad words or sex stuff, but there is some violence. (Well, it's fantasy, there kind of has to be, lolXD) Anyways, I highly recommend the series! I think it's better than Percy Jackson, to be honest. (Probably partly becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and the main character is a girl.)

~Manta~

1/19/2017 11:45 AM  #4

Ooh, that sounds so cool! Yeah, I'd probably like it better than Percy Jackson too 'cause the main character is a girl XD I've only read part of The Lost Hero from the Percy Jackson series anyway

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
Check out my website, 

1/19/2017 11:49 AM  #5

It is really cool Oh yeah, I don't know if you find this irritating, but Kate O'Hearn's editor must miss things sometimes, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I've caught several typos throughout the 6 books. It's not a make-it-or-break-it thing, but I hope they rerelease the books eventually and fix said typos.XD
Percy Jackson is a good series, but only if you read them in order (I know this from experience...XD). Same with Pegasus, for that matter. But I think having Emily as the MC makes a big difference-I like her better than Percy.

~Manta~

1/19/2017 11:51 AM  #6

snowflake, I find typos in one of my school books a LOT! They must not have a good editor... XD  
Yeah, I like reading books in order, too. I want to check that Pegasus series out sometime! Think they have it at the library?

Well, I got to go now... Bye Manta!  It was great to chat with you. :D

Check out my website, 

1/19/2017 11:51 AM  #7

Snowflake... XD

Check out my website, 

1/19/2017 11:59 AM  #8

MadCat wrote:

snowflake, I find typos in one of my school books a LOT! They must not have a good editor... XD  
Yeah, I like reading books in order, too. I want to check that Pegasus series out sometime! Think they have it at the library?

Well, I got to go now... Bye Manta!  It was great to chat with you. :D

Lol, I guess notXD It really bugs me when I find typos becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and these are PUBLISHED AUTHORS and I find fewer typos when I reread my own and friends' unedited (well, not professionally, anyways) unpublished writing. Grr.
They have the Pegasus series at my library! That was where I found it, actually

~Manta~

1/20/2017 5:45 PM  #9

I haven't read the series, but it sounds really good! I think my friend may have recommended it to me like a year ago... I might ask to borrow the books from him when I have time to read them

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

5/29/2019 10:08 PM  #10

Wondering if anyone has read or can comment on that series of books - one on appalachia, one of south east, rockies etc?  Many thanks

Board footera