The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2014 10:53 AM  #1

Kings Dominion TR~8/17/14

Ok, this is WAY overdue....sorry for the loooong wait 

Since it's been nearly two weeks already, I can't remember the exact order we did stuff, so I'm going to do this in the "Ride Tally" format, snowflake;)  Hopefully this will work!
My dad and sis didn't want to ride everything, so we split up around lunchtime for awhile. (I wasn't hungry, and I didn't want to waste park time EATING.:/  Especially not for an hour...Plus IDK if riding stuff on a full stomach makes me sick or not and I don't want to find out lol;)XD)
Also the drop tower went down right when it was my turn in the middle of the day.  My cycle was even sitting on the ride, restraints locked and everything.  Right after the spiel ("Enjoy that fall!") I heard this odd clunking sound from the catch car attaching to the ride vehicle. It didn't sound the same as the other time I went on it. First thought: I bet the ride's going to go down. Sure enough, a couple seconds later all the restraints are getting unlocked and we all hear "The ride is down". Argh...Oh well.  I don't know exactly what was wrong, but it LOOKED like the catch car hadn't connected to the ride vehicle right. It seemed like it was lopsided or something...it looked like that anyways when I stared at it.  Anyways, it must have been an easy fix becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I saw it running later in the day.

x1 Berserker (I KNOW I rode this first thing! It's gotten to be The Thing I do first at Kings Dominion.;)   It was awesome as usual.  I love it when you're just hanging up at the top, upside down.) 

x1 Bad Apple (my sis loves this ride! I like it becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it doesn't look intense at all, but then you ride it and your stomach drops over and over the whole time. Looking down makes it happen even moreXD It's hilarious!)

x1 Shockwave (Great just like the other times I've been on it!  I don't get why this ride gets a bad rep; it's really fun! A couple of the transitions are a bit jerky, but if you're holding your head still, you won't get banged.  And if you're tall, then you don't have that problem at all in the first place. It's got something to do with there the restraints sit on you... {my dad rode and he's tall, so it didn't bug him at all. I'm kinda short, so if I wasn't holding my head still I'd probably have red ears when I got offXD} Of course, if you're trying to sit down on a STAND-UP coaster, that probably doesn't help)

x1 Hurler (It was fun...And it still feels like it's rattling to pieces under you. In a good way, though)

x1 Windseeker (Fun, but it took AGES to dispatch the one cycle before ours.  I don't know what was going on; it looked like people kept changing their minds whether to ride or not, IDK.  Anyways...the view was great from the top. I love views from heights, they look so cool)

x1 Rebel Yell (My dad rode this when he was a kid, so he wanted to ride it.  Evidently it wasn't quite as smooth as he remembered...b
ut I think he still "liked" it, but he wouldn't ride again.  I like Rebel Yell, but I think another wooden coaster is better...[read on!])

x1 Grizzly (This was my first ride on Grizzly. I waited 2 trains for the front row.  New best wooden coaster for me?? Slightly more intense, more airtime, and cool setting-there are actually trees around it;) And it's a bit smoother, too.)

x1 Dominator (Rode this one on the way out...walked right on the back row.  It was fun, but it's got a significant rattle to it. It's quite a bit rougher than the other B&M coasters I've been on, but that's ok. I still like it)

x2 The Crypt (Rode this one for the first time too-last time, it went down right when it was my turn.  Um, new favorite flat ride, anyone? It's pleasantly disorienting...you can't tell which way is up half the time. And it spun 4 1/2 times in quick succession the 2nd time I rode!:D Let's just say this ride is really really awesome, as long as you don't get motion sickness. If you do get motion sickness, DON'T RIDE IT! It most likely would have a bad case of BarfPotentialXD  I think it looks more intense than it really is though...I mean, yes it does flip you around quite a bit, but you never feel like you're falling out (well, I've never felt like that on a ride, but anyways...) or squished into your seat like at the bottom of I-305's drop or Manta's pretzel loop.  The Crypt is more disorienting than anything else Which is very cool.)

x1 Avalanche (Just a quick, fun ride.  Not very intense, but it's a unique coaster. I'll try to post a POV from youtube...it's hard to explain)

x1 Flight of Fear (Noisy, long, dark queue. Oh and the queue was creepy.:/ I would have left the line, but I knew the ride itself wasn't creepy. And it wasn't; the launch was fun, and yes it was dark during the ride, but there are NO creepy things in the ride, and you can actually see where you're going sort of. And this ride has inversions with just a lap bar-cool! Not riding again unless there's no wait though...I REALLY didn't like that queue:/ Wow, I am so weird; I don't like the alien stuff in the queue, but I love the rideXD)

x2 Anaconda (My sis thinks this ride is great?! She is so weird...I mean, it's definitely not "scary", but it's HEADBANGY.-_- Why would I ride a headbang-y ride over and over when I-305 is right next to it?? Grrr...She wanted to go on it more, but I didn't want to do it any more. Good grief:/ At least I found out the odd-numbered rows are smoother than the othersXD And I do LIKE the ride; I just don't want to ride over and over.)

x7 Intimidator 305 (awesome as usual...And as usual, nobody would ride with me. Whatever, their loss!;) I got one ride in the front row. Yikes, that was awesome!! I wouldn't wait a ton extra for the front[I'm impatient-I wanna get on and ride asap!], but it's really really cool! The view is AMAZING. Looks like you're going right into the sky on the lift hill, the drop mysteriously looks much steeper [thanks for the illusion, silly eyes!], and the wind in your face...wow!! It's NOISY. I was screaming my head off, and I could hardly hear myself. If it's that noisy at 90mph, I can just imagine how loud the wind would be on Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster when you're going 128mph/120mph!)

So, that wraps up everything, I think,  Hope you liked reading it!

~Manta~

8/29/2014 11:59 AM  #2

Re: Kings Dominion TR~8/17/14

Very cool TR, sis!! . And yeah, I like Anaconda ;)

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

8/29/2014 1:41 PM  #3

Re: Kings Dominion TR~8/17/14

Thx, sis   I knowww....you didn't want to ride anything elseXD

~Manta~

Board footera