The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2014 2:02 AM  #1

Violet Travilla doll

I don't know for sure, but I think the Violet Travilla doll is wrong. It has brown hair and brown eyes while in the unabridged Elsie books so far they describe her as a blond with blue eyes. Can anyone clear this up?

I'm Lia! I am obssesed with AG, Taylor Swift, Elsie Dinsmore, Harry Potter, LOTR and the Hobbit, Batman, Warrior Cats, lions, and the Lion King. I have 4 dolls (3 AG and 1 Life of Faith): Kit Kittredge, Ruthie Smithens, Talia (My American Girl) and Elsie Dinsmore. I like using smileys.

9/12/2014 9:31 AM  #2

Re: Violet Travilla doll

This is embarrassing, but I have the first 12 Elsie books, but I haven't read the ones with Violet in them for a while, so I don't really know. 

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

9/12/2014 9:43 AM  #3

I'm not sure about the unabridged books, but in the A Life of Faith Violet books, she's described the way the doll looks.  (It also might be like the blond Elizabeth/brown-haired Elizabeth in the Felicity books, where it was simply changed for no reason at all {at least IMO};))

~Manta~

9/12/2014 10:12 AM  #4

Manta wrote:

I'm not sure about the unabridged books, but in the A Life of Faith Violet books, she's described the way the doll looks.  (It also might be like the blond Elizabeth/brown-haired Elizabeth in the Felicity books, where it was simply changed for no reason at all {at least IMO};))

OK. Thanks. It's kinda the same thing with Elsie doll. The unabrigded books say that she has golden hair, but the doll has brown goldenish hair.

I'm Lia! I am obssesed with AG, Taylor Swift, Elsie Dinsmore, Harry Potter, LOTR and the Hobbit, Batman, Warrior Cats, lions, and the Lion King. I have 4 dolls (3 AG and 1 Life of Faith): Kit Kittredge, Ruthie Smithens, Talia (My American Girl) and Elsie Dinsmore. I like using smileys.

9/12/2014 10:16 AM  #5

vsobaka05 wrote:

Manta wrote:

OK. Thanks. It's kinda the same thing with Elsie doll. The unabrigded books say that she has golden hair, but the doll has brown goldenish hair.

YW Sorry I couldn't be more helpful   Good point...I guess doll companies just like to change dolls' hair color.;)

~Manta~

9/12/2014 11:30 AM  #6

At least the dolls are still beautiful!

9/12/2014 11:42 AM  #7

Agreed!  I have Violet, and she is VERY pretty and cute

~Manta~

9/12/2014 12:35 PM  #8

I have Elsie and she is the most beautiful doll I own!

9/12/2014 1:07 PM  #9

Cool! Can you post a picture of her?

~Manta~

9/12/2014 1:10 PM  #10

I'll try to get one taken soon!

Board footera