The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2015 10:04 AM  #1

Ice Cream Escapade-a Frozen story

Ok, don't ask...this has been stuck in my head forever, and I finally wrote it.
Elsa is 7 and Anna is 4.;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was eleven o’clock at night.  Seven-year-old Elsa and four-year-old Anna lay wide awake in their shared room.  Both of them were just absolutely dying for a bowl of ice cream, but they’d been sent to their room after dinner without dessert.This was becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and they hadn’t eaten their vegetables at dinner.  Anna might have possibly kinda sorta accidentally eaten her squash and immediately barfed it up a minute later.  And Elsa might have possibly kinda sorta accidentally stealthily frozen her squash into a ball of ice and hidden it on her lap under the table during dinner.
Okay, so maybe neither of them had done those things completely accidentally, exactly.  But they still wanted ice cream!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EARLIER THAT EVENING…Elsa and Anna sat at the table in the dining hall with their parents.  “What’s we having?”  Anna asked. “You mean ‘what ARE we having’,” Elsa corrected from across the table.  She absolutely hated bad grammar, and considered her seven-year-old self a fairly good expert on the topic. Anna scooted down in her chair so she could kick Elsa under the table. Elsa had been expecting that reaction, so she made no response except to stick a foot out and kick her sister back under the table. “That’s not nice!”  Anna complained.Elsa just sat with an innocent look on her face and pretended not to know what Anna was talking about.“Anna, sit up properly at the table,” Queen Idun scolded.

“You two wouldn’t be kicking each other under the table again, would you?”  King Agdar asked.“Who, us?”  Elsa and Anna both chorused at the same time.  They both sat up straight in their chairs and swallowed their giggles as Gerda set their dinner plates in front of them.

Elsa wrinkled her nose at her dinner.  The fish was okay, as was the mashed potatoes (which she was pleased to see had no gravy on them-Elsa couldn’t stand gravy on her potatoes); but the squash was most definitely not.  She hated squash!  It was icky; it was slimy; it made her feel like throwing up even though she wasn’t sick.  I am so not eating that.  Elsa decided to be logical.  “So, Papa?  Doesn’t Arendelle have a law against cruel and unusual punishment?”“Why, yes, Elsa.  Why do you ask?” “Serving the crown princess squash is cruel and unusual punishment.”  Elsa pointed an accusing finger at the nasty squash.  “There is a law against that, so therefore I don’t have to eat it,” she finished, pleased with her reasoning.“Elsa.  Don’t pull that logic game again.  Eat your squash, or you won’t get any ice cream for dessert.”Elsa recognized that warning tone in her father’s voice.  Shoot.  It didn’t work…I should have known.  I tried something similar the other day to get out of lessons.  But she still had no intentions of eating that squash, and she wanted her dessert.  She just had to make the squash disappear somehow without actually eating it. Across the table, Anna was listening intently.  “Ooh, Elsa’s gonna get in trou-ble!”  she sing-songed.  “Well, you haven’t eaten your squash,” Elsa was only too happy to point out. “Oh, yeah.”  Anna stuck out her tongue at the squash and promptly shoveled all of it in her mouth in one go. Gross!  “Anna, that’s disgusting,” Elsa announced.  “You’re eating a disgusting vegetable with disgusting table manners.”Elsa noticed their parents starting to fuss at Anna for doing that with the squash, so she took the chance to get rid of her own.  Quick as a wink, Elsa’s hand flashed onto the table, froze the squash, and taken it back under the table into her lap.  There.  All gone.  Elsa slid her other hand under the table and formed a perfectly round ball of ice around the squash.“Elsa, what are you doing?”  Agdar asked, suspicious of that little smirk on Elsa’s face and the fact that all of her squash had mysteriously disappeared.Elsa quickly stuck the ice ball containing the squash on the underside of the table with ice.  “Oh, nothing, nothing at all.  See?”  She held up her hands.  That ice ball was out of sight, out of mind.  “Ew, look at Anna!”  Elsa made a face at her sister.

Anna had somehow just barfed all that squash she’d just eaten right onto her plate.

Inexplicably, Elsa started laughing.  That was really, really nasty, but it was also really, really funny.

“Oops,” Anna said.

“Anna, you just barfed…AT THE DINNER TABLE!”  Elsa shrieked as she continued giggling.  Her hand touched the ice ball on the underside of the table and she accidentally released it from the table into her hand. Anna jumped up from her seat, having emptied her tummy of the icky squash.  “I’ll bet you didn’t eat your squash, either!  Where’d it go?”  She grabbed Elsa’s hands, one of which was still holding the ice ball.Elsa’s face grew red.  She was caught red-handed, unless she could explain why she was holding an ice ball, in which you could sort of see squash, under the table.  “Um, it’s…just a snowball,” she hedged, covering the ice ball with a layer of snow as she did so.

“And why would you be holding a snowball under the table?  You know better than to play with your powers at the dinner table,” Agdar said.  “Hand it over.”“You don’t want me to do that, do you?  I mean, it’s snow…it’s cold…nah, Papa, you don’t wanna hold it, do you?”  Elsa stalled for time.

“Elsa, hand it over.”

Elsa sighed and handed it over.

“Elsa, this has your vegetables in it!”  Agdar said, peering inside the ice ball.

“Vegetable.  There’s only one kind in it,” Elsa muttered.

“What did you just say?”“I said, ‘Vegetable.  There’s only one kind in it’,” she repeated.  “And it’s true!  Only that nasty despicable squash!”

“All right, both of you, upstairs to your room.  Now.  There will be no dessert for either of you.”“But we just don’t like-”  Elsa started to say.“Upstairs.  Now.”Elsa grabbed her sister’s hand and marched out of the dining hall.  As soon as they reached the foot of the staircase, Anna said, “Piggyback ride, Elsa!”“No.  You’re too big for me to carry all the way up the stairs,” Elsa replied firmly.  “I got a better idea!”“What?”  Anna clapped her hands in excitement.  Elsa’s ‘ideas’ usually included playing with her powers, as long as they weren’t outside the castle gates.  Then Elsa always came up with some excuse for why she couldn’t if Anna asked her to make or do anything, which drove Anna crazy.Elsa bit her lip in concentration and sent snow flying all over the staircase.  “Race you to the top!  On three…one…two…three…go!”  Elsa took off up the stairs, her feet barely sinking into the snow on the steps at all.  Okay, so maybe this wasn’t quite fair to Anna…  She easily beat her sister to the top and stood at the top of the stairs, waiting for Anna.“That was fun, but it was NOT fair!”  Anna said when she reached the top.  “You’re a cheater!  I sink and you don’t!”“That’s not my fault.  I’m just being me,” Elsa replied.

“Wouldn’t want Elsa be anythin’ else,” Anna told her happily.  “Piggyback ride now?”“I wouldn’t want to be anything but me, either,” Elsa said.  “Okay, piggyback ride to our room.  But don’t be surprised if you end up on the floor halfway there!  Wait, just a second…”  Elsa turned toward the staircase and flicked her hand at the snow to make it disappear.  Can’t leave that all over the stairs…  She didn’t know exactly how her ability to thaw what she created worked, but she had noticed it took less effort and thinking on her part if Anna was nearby.  Maybe it was just sister sense or something.  I have to be happy to get rid of what I make too.  “Ready now?”

“Yeah!”  Anna climbed onto her big sister’s back, and they headed down the hall to their room.“Anna, stop yanking on my braid!”  Elsa complained as she staggered down the hall.  “And you’re too heavy!”

“I’m just holdin’ it.  I like your hair.  It’s purty.”

“Holding and pulling, you mean,” Elsa said, shaking her head in an effort to make Anna let go of her hair.  “And the word is ‘pretty’, not ‘purty’.  Argh, open the door, Anna!  I’m going to drop you in a second!”  she added, struggling to hold on to the very wiggly Anna on her back.Anna obliged, and pushed the door to their room open.  Elsa went across the room as fast as she could go and dumped her little sister on her bed.

“Hey!”  Anna squealed.

“Shush.  You’re going to get somebody up here to check on us.  We were bad and we’re supposed to be getting punished, not playing around,” Elsa said as she ran to shut the door.

“Just ‘cause we didn’t eat the icky yellow mush.”  Anna stuck out her tongue.

“It’s called squash.”  Elsa stuck out her tongue in agreement that it was indeed icky.“You said stickin’ out tongues isn’t proper!”

“That’s ‘cause it isn’t.”  Elsa ran to whisper in Anna’s ear, “But I don’t particularly care at the moment.”

Anna laughed and laughed, as if Elsa had told her the best joke in the world.  “Will you read me a story?”

“Sure.”

“This one!”  Anna said, grabbing her favorite fairy tale book from the nightstand.

Elsa made a face.  “Not that one again!  It’s too mushy.”
“What’s mushy?”

“The fact that the princess falls asleep for a hundred years and then a prince wakes her up with a kiss.  The princess doesn’t do anything for herself!  And then they get married and live happily ever after and they still hardly know each other!  That. Is. Mushy.”  And dumb.  Elsa explained why she didn’t like that story.  It irritated her to no end.  Why couldn’t, say, the princess get woken up simply if the Eat carrots fairy was killed?  Fairy tale curses disappeared if their source disappeared, didn’t they?  Or at least they didn’t have to go and get married at the end.  Blech.            “Elsa, it’s a fairy tale!  They’s supposed to get married and live happily ever after,” Anna insisted.  “Besides, she fell asleep ‘cause she got a curse on her.  That’s not her fault.”            “They’re, not they’s.  And I know it’s a fairy tale…But it’s still irritating!”  Elsa stuck stubbornly to her opinion.            “Puh-lease???”  Anna made her best puppy-dog eyes face at her sister and held out the book.  “Pretty please with heaps and heaps of sugar and whipped cream and cherry on top?”            “I don’t like cherries on my sundaes,” Elsa said, but she couldn’t resist Anna’s puppy-dog eyes.  “Oh, all right, all right, all right.  Give me the book.”            “YAY!!”            “Stinker.”            “Stinker yourself.”  Anna pulled Elsa onto her bed.  “C’n I sit on your lap, Elsa?”            “Only if you promise not to pull my hair like you did last time.”            “’Kay.  Read now!”  Anna demanded.            “You’re bossy for a little sister,” Elsa said as she let Anna climb on her lap.  “I get to boss you, not the other way around.”            “Who says?”            “The unwritten code of big sisters says.  Okay, let’s read,” Elsa said, and started the story. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            “…and they all lived happily ever after,” Elsa finished a few minutes later.            “Thanks for readin’ the story.  I love you, Elsa,” Anna said as she threw her arms around Elsa’s neck to give her a hug.            “I love you too, you little pest.”  Elsa smiled and hugged Anna back.  “We should prob’ly go to sleep.  It’s super late.”            “I’m not tired.  Can’t we play a game instead?”            “What game?”  Elsa asked suspiciously.  “No more magic tonight.  I already got in trouble for doing it at the dinner table.”            “That’s just ‘cause you hid your icky squish with it.  C’mon, let’s play!”            Squash, not squish, Elsa thought, but she didn’t correct Anna this time.  And it wasn’t just becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I froze the squash…it’s ‘cause I was playing with my powers in the first place.  She knew neither of her parents really liked her using her powers, period; but that was okay.  Anna liked them, and so did Elsa herself.  They were fun, and let the two of them come up with unique games they couldn’t play otherwise.            “C’mon, Elsa, puh-lease???”            An idea popped into Elsa’s head.  “Turn around, Anna.  I’m going to give you a surprise.”            “Don’t drop snow down my back again.”            Elsa giggled.  “I wasn’t going to.  Just hold on a minute.”  She waited till Anna had turned around.  Then she carefully made an ice sculpture of her and Anna sitting together reading.  “Okay, all done.  You can turn around now.”            Anna wasted no time in turning around.  “Ooh, wow, Elsa, that’s so cool!  But what’m I gonna do with it?”            “Um…I don’t know.  It’s just for you, that’s all,” Elsa replied.  Oops.  I guess that was pretty silly.  What’s Anna going to do with an ice sculpture?            Anna reached out to touch the sculpture.  “Cold, cold, cold!”  she squealed.            “Shhh!!”  Elsa scolded.  She glanced down at her hands.  What does cold feel like?  I know anything I make is ‘cold’, but what is it exactly?            There was a knock on the door, and then their father asking them why they weren’t in bed yet.  “And Elsa, do get rid of the ice before you go to sleep.”            “It’s mine!  She gave it to me!”  Anna fussed.  “I wanna keep it!”            “I’ll…take care of it, Papa,” Elsa said.  She snapped her fingers, and the sculpture seemed to disappear; but it was really just hidden in her hand behind her back.  She’d just made it shrink.  “See, all gone.”            Anna huffed in annoyance.  “G’night.”            “You two need to be in bed within ten minutes.”            “Okay.”  The second their door shut, Elsa grinned and held the now-tiny ice sculpture out to Anna.            Anna giggled and carefully took it from Elsa.  “Thank you!  It’s sooo pretty!”            “You do know it’s just going to melt eventually?”  Elsa asked.            “Yeah.  It’s still super cool!”            Ten minutes later, both Elsa and Anna were lying in their beds with the light turned out.            “Elsa, c’n I sleep with you?”  Anna asked.            “No.  You kick in your sleep,” Elsa replied.  “And is it just me, or do you really, really want some ice cream?”            “I want ice cream too!”            Elsa didn’t reply.            Several minutes passed in silence.  Elsa heard Anna padding across the room in her bare feet.  Elsa turned over and pretended to be asleep, knowing Anna was about to pounce on her and want to convince her to sneak downstairs together.            Sure enough, a moment later, Elsa felt something heavy land on her.  She continued pretending to be asleep.  Anna started shaking Elsa.  “Elsa, Elsa, Elsa!  I got a super idea!  Let’s go get some ice cream ourselves!”            Elsa flicked her hand at Anna and showered her with snowflakes.  “I’m tryin’ to sleep.”            “Are not, are not, are not!”  Anna continued shaking her sister.  “You want ice cream as much as I do!”            Elsa considered this for a minute.  She did want ice cream.  “It’s still too early to sneak downstairs.  Not all the adults have gone to bed yet.  We’ll get caught.”            “We could just stay awake and wait,” Anna said logically.            “Okay.”  Elsa lifted the covers, inviting Anna to crawl in with her.  She didn’t like sleeping with in the same bed with Anna becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and Anna wiggled, snored, kicked, and once smacked Elsa in the face while she slept.  But just lying awake waiting to sneak downstairs?  Why not?            Anna dove under the covers and snuggled close to Elsa.  “I just knew you’d say yes!”            Elsa giggled and put her arm around her little sister.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The two of them lay awake for a long, long time.  A few times one of them drifted off to sleep, and one of them would wake the other up.  Nine o’clock.  Ten o’clock.  Eleven o’clock.  The second they heard the clock strike midnight, the two of them jumped out of bed and tiptoed to the door.  Elsa eased their door open and glanced up and down the hall.  The coast was clear.  She grabbed Anna’s hand and ran, lightfooted as a cat, down the hall to the stairs.            Anna giggled, and Elsa shushed her.  Now how were they going to get down the stairs without making them creak?  Elsa could actually make it down the stairs in complete silence becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and she knew which steps creaked and where, but she knew Anna hadn’t quite mastered that “skill” yet.  She was still thinking what they should do when Anna pointed at the banister.  “Slide down,” Anna suggested.            “We’ll crash at the bottom,” Elsa argued.            “Not if you make a pile of snow for us to land in!”  Anna pointed out.            Elsa agreed, and the two girls swung a leg over the railing and began sliding down, picking up speed as they went.  Elsa had just enough time to remember to make a pile of snow for them to land in before they flew off the end of the banister.  They hopped out of the snow and Elsa dissolved it before they tiptoed the rest of the way to the kitchen.  The castle was silent as they entered the kitchen and found the ice cream stored in the icebox.  “Get us spoons,” Elsa whispered to Anna.            Anna fumbled around in the dark, trying to find spoons.  Crash!  Something metal fell to the floor.  Splat!  A bowl of something stored on the counter made a mess all over the floor.            “Anna!  Be quiet!”  Elsa hissed.  “I’ll find ‘em-I know where they are.”  She hopped up from the icebox and felt her way to the drawer where she knew the utensils were kept.  Elsa bit back a yelp as she stepped on something sharp on the floor with her bare feet.  “You broke a bowl,” Elsa announced.  She found the spoons and made her way back over to the icebox and Anna.  Elsa opened the icebox and located a container of ice cream.  Elsa stuck her finger in the container and licked it.  Mmm, mint chocolate chip.  My favorite!  She took the container out, set it in her lap and began eating.            “Get me some too,” Anna said.            “Have some of this,” Elsa replied, and held the container out to Anna.            Anna stuck her spoon in and shoveled a large bite in her mouth.  “Ew, Elsa!  That kind’s icky!”            Elsa giggled.  “More for me, then.”            Anna rummaged around in the icebox for another container.  “Yum, this kind is much better.  Fact, I think it’s my favorite!  What kind’s it?”            Elsa stuck her spoon in Anna’s ice cream container.  “Butter pecan, and I don’t like that flavor.  It’s all yours.”  She promptly went back to her mint chocolate chip ice cream.            Five minutes later, Elsa had eaten her entire container of ice cream.  She yawned and curled up on the floor.  “Tell me when you’re done eating and we’ll go back upstairs.”            “Mmkay,” Anna said, not really paying much attention to anything but her ice cream.            Soon, Anna was so tired she fell asleep, using her sleeping sister as a pillow.            There was one problem:  Anna had not eaten all of the ice cream in her container. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            The next morning found the two princesses fast asleep on the floor in the kitchen amidst a broken bowl, splattered mashed potatoes, a metal pot, and a large puddle of melted butter pecan ice cream.            “What do you two have to say for yourselves?”  Idun scolded.  “You two snuck downstairs in the middle of the night and got into the ice cream after specifically being sent upstairs without dessert.  Not to mention, you made a huge mess all over the kitchen.”            Both girls hung their heads.  “We just really needed some ice cream,” Elsa said.            “Whose idea was it to sneak downstairs?”  Agdar asked.            “Both of us,” Elsa replied.  “We sort of decided to at the same time.”            “Elsa, you’re the oldest.  You have to set a good example for your sister.  Do you think sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night is setting a good example?”            “No, sir,” Elsa answered truthfully.  “But we wouldn’t have snuck downstairs if we hadn’t been served nasty, despicable squash at dinner in the first place!  I still say that’s cruel and unusual punishment!”            “Elsa could’ve frozen my leftover ice cream if I’d asked her to so it wouldn’t have made a mess,” Anna said, trying to be helpful.  “So it wasn’t her fault.”            Elsa frowned at Anna and bit her lip.  That was not a helpful comment, Anna.  “We’re sorry.  We’ll clean up the mess,” Elsa offered.            “You’ll do that and you also won’t be getting any ice cream for a week, either.”            Elsa and Anna traded glances.  “Okay.” ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            The second the girls had gotten the mess cleaned up (which Elsa ended up doing most of), Anna gave her sister a hug.  “I’m not really sorry we snuck downstairs together,” she whispered.            Elsa giggled.  “Me, either.  It was worth losing ice cream for a week.  Come on, let’s go get dressed and come down for breakfast.”  She took Anna’s hand and they dashed upstairs.            Soon they were ready to go downstairs for breakfast.  Elsa wore her favorite blue dress with the snowflake-y pattern on the hem, and Anna wore her springy green dress with the twirly skirt.  The two girls stood in front of the mirror together.  They couldn’t be more different, Elsa with her platinum hair and fair skin, and Anna with her strawberry blonde hair and slightly darker skin.  But they were sisters.  They went together.  Elsa slipped her cool hand into Anna’s warm one.  We’ll always be there for each other.  ‘Cause it’s what sisters should do.  “Nothing’s ever gonna get between us,” Elsa said aloud.            “Except air,” Anna said quite seriously.            Elsa giggled.  “Point taken.  Nothing but air.”  She scooped up her sister and held her close.  “I love you, Anna.”            “I love you too, Elsa.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I APOLOGIZE IF THE SPACING IS BAD
The end

~Manta~

3/04/2015 12:39 PM  #2

Re: Ice Cream Escapade-a Frozen story

I love this! it's really cute!

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

3/04/2015 4:32 PM  #3

Thanks, Nikki
Sorry about the horrible spacing; IDK what's wrong with it-_-

P.S. The squash thing is something my sis and I did when we were about that age.XD (Well, without freezing it of course...;)) 

~Manta~

3/04/2015 5:00 PM  #4

YW!

That's okay

PS Lol! That's really really funny and really really disgusting at the same time.

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

3/04/2015 5:33 PM  #5

PS Yeah, that's why I put it in the story.XDXD It still makes me laugh now;)

~Manta~

3/04/2015 5:41 PM  #6

PS Lol, it sounds like a funny memory to haveXD

3/04/2015 5:52 PM  #7

PS It isXDXD Oh, and I'm pretty sure I didn't claim eating squash was 'cruel and unusual punishment' a la Elsa.;)  I think I just refused to eat itXD

~Manta~

3/05/2015 7:20 AM  #8

Lol! I did like Elsa saying that though.;) XD When my brother was little he hated tomatoes and green beens so much that he threw up if he tried to eat them.

3/29/2016 3:26 PM  #9

That was so awesome! I LOVE your Frozen stories!!

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
I'm Madi! I'm a professional blogger, YouTuber, 
minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
Check out my website, 
DelightfulWorldofDolls.com!

4/02/2016 8:30 PM  #10

That was funny!

[img]webkit-fake-url://7dc06429-762f-47bf-bc79-8b959a0c7a99/imagegif[/img]
You can find happiness right where you are... and at the ocean.

Board footera