The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/14/2014 4:11 AM  #11

Re: American Girl Kit's New Meet Outfit!:)

Lol. But this is the girls' section, Mallory.;)

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

5/14/2014 9:41 AM  #12

Ok, this is going to be a HUGE rant. ;)  I c.a.n.n.o.t. stand this. Reasons:
-No more Cecile and Marie-Grace? Seriously?
-The characters on the books look animated and too old. They look like they’re in their midteens (14-16) instead of 9 or 10. Especially Caroline and Rebecca.
-Kit’s outfits are horrible. The green dress looks 70s (which is fine, but NOT FOR KIT). And Kit hated frilly stuff in the books.
-No more best friend dolls?
-Samantha doesn’t look like Samantha the doll. AT ALL
-Julie’s first book’s cover is bad. If they change her meet outfit to that, they’re going to have a riot on their hands from moi!
-The new multiple-ending books are nice, but they should be sold separately! They shouldn’t have condensed the original books either. The fat books look much more imposing to say, an 8 year old, which is the starting target age, which means the books will probably get tossed aside. And the books are one of the best parts of these dolls! On second thought, if these books turn out to be but so much bigger, they probably won’t even include them in the doll boxes anymore. I’m going to throw up. Ok, sorry about the huge rant!

Ok, i really, really don't like what AG is doing with BeForever.  Actually, I'm furious at them. ;). I copied and pasted my comment from DollDiaries.

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

5/14/2014 11:49 AM  #13

Jan wrote:

Ok, this is going to be a HUGE rant. ;)  I c.a.n.n.o.t. stand this. Reasons:
-No more Cecile and Marie-Grace? Seriously?
-The characters on the books look animated and too old. They look like they’re in their midteens (14-16) instead of 9 or 10. Especially Caroline and Rebecca.
-Kit’s outfits are horrible. The green dress looks 70s (which is fine, but NOT FOR KIT). And Kit hated frilly stuff in the books.
-No more best friend dolls?
-Samantha doesn’t look like Samantha the doll. AT ALL
-Julie’s first book’s cover is bad. If they change her meet outfit to that, they’re going to have a riot on their hands from moi!
-The new multiple-ending books are nice, but they should be sold separately! They shouldn’t have condensed the original books either. The fat books look much more imposing to say, an 8 year old, which is the starting target age, which means the books will probably get tossed aside. And the books are one of the best parts of these dolls! On second thought, if these books turn out to be but so much bigger, they probably won’t even include them in the doll boxes anymore. I’m going to throw up. Ok, sorry about the huge rant!

Ok, i really, really don't like what AG is doing with BeForever.  Actually, I'm furious at them. ;). I copied and pasted my comment from DollDiaries.

I agree!!!!

-Tg
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it...yet" -Anne of Green Gables 

5/14/2014 4:51 PM  #14

*BARFS*

<3 acting, <3 singing, <3 volleyball, <3 cheer

5/14/2014 9:29 PM  #15

^This is the girls' section, Mallory. You've been told already in this thread!

~Manta~

9/11/2014 10:40 AM  #16

I love Kit's new dress.

I'm Lia! I am obssesed with AG, Taylor Swift, Elsie Dinsmore, Harry Potter, LOTR and the Hobbit, Batman, Warrior Cats, lions, and the Lion King. I have 4 dolls (3 AG and 1 Life of Faith): Kit Kittredge, Ruthie Smithens, Talia (My American Girl) and Elsie Dinsmore. I like using smileys.

4/03/2016 9:16 PM  #17

DodgersGirl wrote:

You know a whole bunch of "Beforever" book covers were put on the American Girl Publishing website, and all the characters seems to have new meet outfits? The Ebay seller from China who's been listing tons of unreleased items has the dress on Kit's books listed in a clothing lot.

I think it's a pretty dress. It is a bit too flowery for Kit, but her last outfit also had flowers, although these are much louder. I also think that, even though it looks very '30's-ish, it's got a few slightly modern touches, which is kind of annoying to me. To me, it's a bit like someone decided to make a movie set long ago, and instead of getting clothes specially made for it, went out and bought things as close to that time period's style as they could, lol. It is a lovely dress overall, though, and I think it would look very pretty on a modern doll.

I love this dress! I'm going to buy it for my Lea... When I get her

[img]webkit-fake-url://7dc06429-762f-47bf-bc79-8b959a0c7a99/imagegif[/img]
You can find happiness right where you are... and at the ocean.

Board footera