The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2013 10:06 PM  #1

Hello! (grin)

I'm a banana, everyone! . I'm Lucy, Jan's Lucille Ball barbie doll. . I wear my Vitameatavegamin outfit.  I like to be in shows!

12/11/2013 11:42 PM  #2

Re: Hello! (grin)

I'm a banana lucy     nice to meet you!

Last edited by myagrocks (12/11/2013 11:42 PM)

the great and awesome sydney!!!
my dolls stole my password so their posting on here too. they are: josefina, julie. rebecca, mckenna. caroline. holland, saige, and isabelle.

12/12/2013 8:22 AM  #3

Hello Lucy! What is Vitameatavegamin outfit? Is it something to do with vitamins?

Hello there! I'm Kirsten! I live with Nikki (DodgersGirl), and I come from Sweden. I like making new friends!

12/12/2013 8:32 AM  #4

I'm a banana! I like to be in shows too!
BTW Kirsten, IDK what it is either, but I'm sure it isn't to do with vitamins!! XD

Hiya! I'm Elyssa. Well actually, I'm Elyssa Natalie Patricia Cartwright, but if you don't like "Elyssa", I'd prefer "Peppermint Pattie".

12/12/2013 8:38 AM  #5

I'm a banana Lucy! I also like to be in shows. You've got a nice name. Nikki's Barbies don't really have set names. Or at least, if they do, I sure don't remember. P

I'm Lindsay Sommers, and I love The Bionic Woman!

12/12/2013 10:23 AM  #6

Hiya!

I'm Nicki! I'm 14, and I'm older than Julie by one day!

12/12/2013 11:46 AM  #7

I'm a banana, everyone! . Thanks for welcoming me! Well, my vitameatavegamin outfit 'sorta' has to so with vitamins.....it's my outfit from me of the I Love Lucy episodes. ;). Put 'i love Lucy vitameatavegamin' in the search engine   and you'll get it. (grin)

12/12/2013 3:07 PM  #8

Oh, I see! We're not really allowed to search stuff. But I can kins guess now that I break the word down.XD

Hiya! I'm Elyssa. Well actually, I'm Elyssa Natalie Patricia Cartwright, but if you don't like "Elyssa", I'd prefer "Peppermint Pattie".

12/12/2013 3:11 PM  #9

Oh, well then I'll post the episode synopsis.

Ricky is given the opportunity to host a television show and receives a telephone call saying that he needs to find a girl to do a commercial spot for one of their sponsors. Lucy overhears this and begs that Ricky allow her to do the commercial. Ricky sternly refuses and asks to hear nothing more of it. When Ricky returns home from his band rehearsal Fred stands by the television set and assists Lucy by asking Ricky to watch the upcoming program. Lucy flips up a sheet that was covering the TV screen and does a mock commercial while inside the set as Johnny the bellhop of the Phillip Morris fame. Ricky goes behind the set and plugs the cord back into its outlet. Lucy is startled as the wiring of the television sets off a minor explosion behind her. Ricky becomes angry when he finds out that Lucy took out each part of the television set piece by piece (rather than sliding the whole chassis out) in order to fit in the box.
The following morning Lucy avoids Ricky. Ricky, noticing this behavior, asks Fred if he can wait for a telephone call from the girl who was going to do the commercial and tell her what time and studio she needs to be in. But as Ricky leaves, Lucy goes up to Fred and sneakily says to Fred that she will wait for the telephone call and deliver the message. Instead, once the girl calls, Lucy tells her that she is not needed for the commercial. Later that day Lucy goes to the television studio in the place of the original girl. The director explains their sales pitch regarding the "Vitameatavegamin" health tonic to Lucy. What Lucy and the director are unaware of is that the tonic contains twenty-three percent (23%) alcohol, making it in effect a forty-six-proof (46 proof) spirituous liquor, and that it is not meant to be taken more than once a day. Lucy begins her first take and obviously grimaces as she tastes the tonic. Feeling unsatisfied with the take, the director asks Lucy if she could do a few more.
After a couple more takes, it appears that Lucy has acquired a taste for the tonic--and its alcohol content. She begins to take bigger gulps when it comes to the part to taste the product and her speech becomes comically slurred. After several takes and a sequence of incorrect pronunciations of "Vitameatavegamin," it becomes apparent that Lucy is inebriated and the director asks if they could take her back to her dressing room in order to sober her up. When the television show begins Ricky comes out and starts singing "El Relicario". Lucy comes from back stage before her cue due to still suffering the effects of the alcohol. She staggers toward Ricky, sways, and waves to the camera. She starts to sing along with Ricky and begins her sales pitch in the middle of his singing, despite Ricky's attempts to keep her offscreen. Ricky desperately carries her off the stage after her hilarious actions become very obvious.

And Lucy's vitameatavegamin pitch on 'tv' in the TV show. XD

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4AZK2-Tfc84&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4AZK2-Tfc84

Hello, I am Rebecca (but everyone calls me Becca), and I am 11.

12/12/2013 3:22 PM  #10

That sounds so funny!

(Me: I'm doing so many things at once (including bidding on something on ebay), do you mind if I don't watch the video? )

Board footera