The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2014 5:06 PM  #1

American Girl Julie's Basketball Set

I just got the set almost unused on Ebay with the money I got for Christmas when I found out my RC helicopter was broken, and it's really cool! The little sneakers and socks are just adorable. Somehow the sneakers look a little too small, but they fit fine. The shorts and top are really realistic and cute, and they suit Julie really well. The headband is a little tight, IMO, and I think if you were to put her in and out of the outfit a lot and use the headband, her hair would get nasty at the top eventually. IDK though. I just don't use it, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it looks a little fat too me, as well. The bag is possible my favorite part of the whole set.XD IDK why, but every time I've ever seen the outfit, I always thought 'I want the bag!'. I don't think there's anything more I can say about it, really (aside from that it makes a nice place to put things like the finger-splint when you're not using them so they don't get lost). I just like it. The ball is cute, and strangely squishy (I think it's made out of some kind of solid rubber). It's nice, but IMO it's just a liiiittle too small for the dolls. As for the finger-splint... well, it's a finger-splint.XD It's a tiny little plastic thing that I didn't even know came with the set until I noticed it in the listing description, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it was too small to see in the photo if you're not looking for it. I'm keeping it in the bag so it doesn't get lost. To me, it's kind of an annoying little addition to the set, but I'm sure it has some relation to the stories, which I haven't read yet, and I would probably find it cuter if I had.;) If you can find this set cheaply, it's really nice, even if you don't have Julie (okay, I may be a little biased about the bagXD).

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

Board footera