The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2014 3:21 PM  #1

Music!

Wondering what kind of music everybody likes!
I take violin lessons, and voice lessons (yes, like an opera singer!snowflake!) I also play guitar, my older brother taught me.
I am a big Hunter Hayes fan,and Carrie Underwood, and I also like some music by Bridget Mendler. and many other groups.
Do any of you play instruments? and what are some of your favorite bands? 

Last edited by Tg (2/18/2014 4:31 PM)

-Tg
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it...yet" -Anne of Green Gables 

2/19/2014 7:41 AM  #2

Re: Music!

I take violin lessons, and I will start voice lessons soon. I was in a band a few years ago, so I already have a lot of voice training. I also take guitar lessons.
I like Snarky Puppy, Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift, Chris Tomlin, and many other bands. I don't care for the big famous people like Carrie Underwood, though. We all have our own opinions, though. Snarky Puppy is a really cool small band from NY and they performed near us. I went to the concert. If you can, look them up on YouTube. They won a Grammy!  They are AWESOME!

"Lights will guide you home and ingnite your bones, and I will try to fix you."

2/19/2014 10:38 AM  #3

I love violin and voice! I listen to almost any style. I will def.. check Snarky Puppy out! (Funny name) 

-Tg

2/19/2014 11:26 AM  #4

XD Yeah......... Snarky Puppy isn't wasn't the idea that would have popped into my head for a band, but it's actually kinda cool!

2/19/2014 2:05 PM  #5

I checked them out! pretty cool! I like their sound! 

-Tg

2/19/2014 6:25 PM  #6

Me too! Did you know that they recorded their album "Family Dinner" at the place that I go to to learn how to record? It's AWESOME! :D

2/19/2014 6:30 PM  #7

No I didn't, but I will! 

-Tg

2/19/2014 7:46 PM  #8

Mackenzie: I love 90's grunge music (I'm full-on obsessed with Silverchair, The Superjesus and Powderfinger)!
Kira: I'm really into old-fashioned music, such as David Bowie, Petula Clark, musicals, Paul Kelly, The Beatles, The BeeGees and Crowded House.
McKenna: I'm indecisive. I'm into anything my friends are into. I don't have an exact favourite artist or band, though I do sort of like Cimorelli.
Kate: Oh, I'm all for the singer-songwriter material! I love Sarah Blasko (a name which is quite well-known to a lot of us), Sally Seltmann, Holly Throsby, Clare Bowditch, Lisa Mitchell, Lauren Aquilina, the list goes on!
Elysia: I've fallen for, what Mackenzie likes to call, "soppy" music. Ahh, Savage Garden and Human Nature are the absolute BEST! I also have a soft spot for ABBA, Fleetwood Mac and The Preatures.

Last edited by Erin'sDolls (2/19/2014 7:47 PM)

I'm a banana! We are Erin's dolls! Our names are Mackenzie, Kira, McKenna, Kate and Elysia!
Also, Erin uses this account to post, too. It's a multifaceted account.
Lovely to meet you!

2/19/2014 9:05 PM  #9

Cool! I love the classics too! BIg fan of the BeeGees, and Abba, Mamas and the Papas. Peter Paul and Mary. 
And I really like Cimorelli!! 

-Tg

2/20/2014 6:39 AM  #10

You like ABBA?! They're my favorite group!

Last edited by DodgersGirl (2/20/2014 6:39 AM)

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

Board footera