The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2014 11:16 AM  #1

BOOK REVIEW~ Julie Tells Her Story (AG)

Title~ Julie Tells Her Story
Author~ Megan McDonald

Where I got it- Library
Time Spent Reading- 20-25 minutes?? (I think)

I liked this book better than Julie's first book.  The Brady Bunch references were funny, and the oops moments when Julie and Ivy are taking care of Tracy's spider plant were also funny.  (Tracy's really not going to notice her plant is in a different animal pot? Lol!XD)  Also, this book made me go look up Watergate, which must be a good thing since it made me go look up history stuff.  I thought the thing about comparing broken bones with divorced families was annoying. COME ON, IT'S NICE, BUT IT'S CORNY!! It's not the same thing. Families don't always go back together like a bone does. No, that's not the point Julie's dad made, but it bugged me. (This is most likely becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and my parents are divorced too.)

>SPOILERS ALERT<
Summary- Julie's now on the basketball team at school. She's supposed to write a school project "The Story of My Life", which is fine till she gets to 'The Worst Thing That Ever Happened To Me'.  Which is becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and she doesn't want to talk about her parents/ divorce at school.  At a big basketball game, she breaks her finger and thinks she has something else to talk about for her project.  When she gives her project, she ends up changing her mind and talking about the divorce anyway, thanks to some good but corny advice from her dad. "And then they all live happily ever after. The end." XDXD

Recommended age- 6+
Grade 8/10

~Manta~

Board footera