The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2014 6:28 PM  #1

My first Vocal Competition!

Hey everybody, so in a few weeks I have my first Vocal Competition at my music school. I wasn't nervous until my teacher and I decided to switch out one of my songs I will be preforming! I am having some trouble polishing it up, I will be meeting with my accompanist tomorrow, so please pray all goes well. And pray that on competiton day that my voice will be really open and that I won't be sick. At my first recital I had a cold and that was NO fun! Thanks gals, you're the best! 

-Tg
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it...yet" -Anne of Green Gables 

4/02/2014 7:06 AM  #2

Re: My first Vocal Competition!

That's cool!! I'll pray for you, and I hoe it goes well!
I've got a sho with my drama group in 9 days, and it's all song instead of a normal play. I'm the understudy for the role of Katy Perry, and the girl who was playing her couldn't make it, so now I've got the role, and I'm really excited. I wasn't nervous either until I found out that in the last minute, another girl who's already got a role was called in to be Katy Perry for 2 out of 3 nights, so I only get one. And I was practicing the wrong version of a song, and the new one's harder, and now I have a sore throat and a funny cough today. My mom said it was on the news today that some sand from the Sahara has blown up over the mainland of Europe, taking acid-rain type chemicals with it, and isnow settling here, since yesterday, when my sore throat started, and a cough is another symptonm of it, so she think I've b een affected by it. Well, as long as I can sing next week, I'm fine.XD

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

4/02/2014 8:08 AM  #3

Thanks Nikki!!
Ugh, I will be praying for you too, I hope that all clears! I am sure you will do amazing!!  

-Tg

4/02/2014 10:56 AM  #4

YW!
Thanks Tg!

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

4/02/2014 1:16 PM  #5

YW! 
I am so happy, my teacher and I decided to go back to my old song! Yeah!!!!

-Tg

4/03/2014 9:57 AM  #6

Cool! I'm happy for you!
I still have a caugh, but my sore throat is gone, so maybe it was just me singing too much.XD I'm in a happier mood about the show now, and I've decided to enjoy it as much as I can instead of making it a lot of work. Thanks for praying for me!

4/05/2014 6:59 PM  #7

Thanks!
How are you today?

-Tg

4/06/2014 6:11 AM  #8

YW!
Well, aside from a little cough, I'm fine. On Thursday night the cough got nasty and I could hardly sing, and half the group laughed at me. I haven't really practiced since then, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I don't want to aggrivate it, but I think it's better than it was.

4/06/2014 12:17 PM  #9

Aww, they shouldn't of laughed!  But I hope you can practice soon!

-Tg

4/06/2014 1:31 PM  #10

Thanks! I've found out that mints kind of help my voice, but they also make it sort of thin, so that it's hard to stay on the right note. I practiced a little earlier, though, and my voice is getting better anyway, I think.

Board footera