The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2014 11:42 AM  #1

Busch Gardens Williamsburg TR-April 13, 2014

I woke up a little after 6:30 AM and then couldn't go back to sleep. So I just got up and stayed up. Our dad didn't come pick my sis and I up till almost noon. NOON!  Anyways...so on the way to BGW, we got stuck in traffic and didn't arrive at the park till way after 1PM (or, as my sister says "1:23PM"). Now my idea of a perfect park day is to arrive at opening, not way after 1 PM.  We ended up parking wayy over in the Scotland parking lot (the one that's across the street). I knew the parking lot was there, but we had NEVER had to park there before. My first thought when we got sent over there was "Great, I bet the park is crawling with people...  " And there were a ton of people in the park, but the lines weren't too bad at all.

I wanted to ride Griffon first, so we headed there first. I waited about 15 minutes for Griffon's front row, and ended up sitting in the right edge seat, same spot as last time. But that was fine; I didn't really care. When the train dangled over the first drop, I waved at my sis, who was standing on the bridge below the drop and laughed my head off. For whatever reason, dangling over that drop just makes me laugh; I don't know why. That shouldn't be THAT funny!  So...we flew down the drop, through the first immelman, back up to the second drop...etc etc. You guys know how the ride goes. I did not care for sitting on the brake run with carpenter bees flying around. Now I know those don't sting though, so I guess I was worried for nothing.  After I got off Griffon, I wanted to ride again, but my dad said no (guess he didn't want to wait again).
My sis and I rode Le Catapult next. IT TOOK FOREVER (30 minutes, I think)! A scrambler should not have a longer wait than a roller coaster. I guess Le Catapult just takes a while to load and unload each cycle, though.

Then we headed over to Alpengeist. My sister decided to ride too (yay!!) So my sis and I got in line...and a whole bunch of people started leaving the line about 5 minutes later. I was starting to get suspicious it had gone down. We waited a longer; no trains went by; more people left the line; we asked someone leaving the line if it was REALLY down (they said yes it was). I think what happened was one of Alpengeist's trains got stuck on the lift hill, but I'm not sure. Anyways that was the only reasonable rumor going down the line of what was going on. (Um, somebody definitely didn't fall out, and the train did not get stuck upside down  ) We decided to wait becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and 1)we didn't want lose our spot in line and come back later to an even longer line, and 2)I thought my sis wouldn't get in line again if we left. We got to see them move a train in the maintenance area on the transfer track, which I found VERY interesting. Never seen that before! After running several test cycles empty, Alpengeist finally reopened. The line moved fairly quickly after that. My sis and I decided to wait to ride in the front row, which did not take as long as I thought it would. (I don't think we waited 40 minutes from the "Wait for front row is 40 minutes from here" sign.) We finally boarded our train about an hour after first getting in line. Stinky wait, but not rotten since we waited around for it to reopen. My sis was fine waiting in line, but after boarding, after the restraints locked, after the "all clear!", THEN she said "I don't wanna do this! Lemme off!" I said "Too late now", and we were on our way up the lift hill. We reached the top and swooped down the first drop. When we reached the cobra roll, I yelled "Cobra roll!" like my sis asked me to, but when we got back to the station, she said "Where was the cobra roll?" so I guess she didn't hear me. AND she must not have gotten freaked out on the cobra roll, since she didn't know where it was. After we got off, she said it was 'ok'; later she said she liked it. So she actually LIKED a roller coaster for once! Awesome!!  

Then we watched the special Jack Hanna show in Italy. (And yes, he was really there) The show was really cool! There was this humongous albino python, a cute serval kitten, porcupines, and some funny birds.
After the show, I wanted to ride Apollo's Chariot. (And other things too-namely Loch Ness and Verbolten, but I did not get to) I waited about 20-ish minuted for row 7. I got the left outside seat. (Which is my favorite spot in any row becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and of the low-to-the-ground helix) It was awesome, just like the other 11 times I've been on it (once in2013, 10 times March 23 this year). I wonder if I can reach 100 by the end of summer? I hope my sis decides to ride Apollo's Chariot with me next time.
Then my dad wanted to leave already. We caught a walk-on onto the tram back to the parking lot. So we left to go eat at Pierce's, but it was packed, so we ended up just getting some fast food at Taco Bell.
Anyways, THIS IS WHY IT'S DUMB TO ARRIVE LATE IN THE DAY THEN LEAVE EARLY!! You barely get to do anything.  Busch Gardens Williamsburg was still fun though. I wonder if we can go again this Sunday?;)

~Manta~

4/17/2014 2:29 PM  #2

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg TR-April 13, 2014

It's a pity you didn't get to ride more. I hope you can go again soon! I can't believe you laughed on Griffon's drop though. It looks really scary in the POV. (BTW, did you know the smiley in that bit is upside down?)

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

4/17/2014 2:57 PM  #3

It just drove me crazy arriving late/leaving early  I could have ridden more things if either of things hadn't happened or both   Me too!    I don't think it's scary waiting for it to drop-it's more like "LOOKYUPHERE!! LOOK LOOK!! WE'RE ABOUT TO FLYYYY*train drops*"  It is extremely giggle-inducing for whatever reason, especially when you sit up front.XD (Well, it is for me anyway.)  Pooh, those nasty fat bees scare me more than dangling around up there.XD (I wouldn't have minded the bees so much if I'd known they were the kind that dosn't sting)   
(Yes, I pasted the TR from the roller coaster forum I'm on and one of the smilies there is upside down and I just like it)

~Manta~

4/17/2014 3:01 PM  #4

Yeah, that IS annoying. Lol, that sounds so funny! Lol!XD () Lol, that must've been creepy. I don't like having bees all around me.
(Oh, okay, lol. I think it's really cool and funny!)

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

4/17/2014 3:11 PM  #5

IKR?!  It IS funny!  I usually close my eyes on the way up the lift hill 'cause the sun WILL get in your face no matter what you're doing. Then when I feel the track level out and do the carousel thing at the top, then I open my eyes and EVERYTHING'S TEENY!! Then the train dangles over the drop for those few seconds...and you wait...and you wait...and you wait (hey there's my sister down there!*wave crazily*) and ZOOM you're gone down the drop, under the bridge, etc etc.  I guess it's not really funny, but it just seems that way.XD    I really don't like bees. I'm not really "EW GROSS THOSE FREAK ME OUT!!" but I certainly don't like sitting on Griffon's brake run with them with no way to get away from them.
(  I think it's funny tooXD)

~Manta~

4/17/2014 3:22 PM  #6

That sounds pretty cool actually! Lol!! Well, now it does seem funny to me, lol.XD Yeah, me too. I don't mind them usually, but I'll porbably squeak just a little if one lands on me.XD
( LolXD I like it!)

4/17/2014 3:29 PM  #7

It is much cooler than I can describe! 'Cause you can't "describe" height or speed very well IMO.  Oh yeah, I forgot-you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DO NOT feel like you're going to fall out when you dangle over the first drop. You do kind of 'hang' into the OTSR, but you do NOT feel like you'll fall out. (That's the question my sister keeps asking me)   XD    Eh, forget the dumb bees;)
(Me tooXD)

~Manta~

4/17/2014 3:32 PM  #8

Cool! Well, when I think about it, it'd probably be hard to feel like you're going to fall out on anyhting as long as you're strapped in (unless it's anything like being on a climbing wall, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and that harness made me freak out every time I slipped). () Lol.;)
(XD)

4/17/2014 3:38 PM  #9

That's what I think too. (Well, except for on Battering Ram. It's still loads of fun, but becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and the lap bar locks in one place and one place only, it doesn't really touch me when I ride it.  But you still don't feel like you'll 'fall out'.  I think that on that ride, you'd probably stay in with NO restraints as long as you weren't doing something idiotic like trying to stand up or something.)  (I haven't been on a climbing wall, but it sure sounds and looks like fun! But last time I was somewhere where I could, I was too little...it was a long time ago)
*insert random smilies*;)

Last edited by Manta (4/17/2014 3:53 PM)

~Manta~

4/17/2014 3:42 PM  #10

(That makes sense to me. {BTW, you got caught on your own censor, lol.) (I did it for the first time last month, and it was pretty boring, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I couldn't get higher than about 6 or 7 feet.)
Lol!

Board footera