The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2014 5:55 PM  #1

DAC Toddler Elsa Doll Review:)

I got Disney Animators Collection toddler Elsa at the Disney Store Wednesday morning. She is so cute!!  It was a good thing we got to the store right at opening becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and there were only two Elsas left (mine and another little girl took the other about a minute after I picked up mine)  My sis got a plush grown-up Anna. (Well, 18 or whatever age she's supposed to be for most of the movie isn't a 'grown-up', but she's not a little kid like the DAC dolls are supposed to be.;))

Elsa's box wasn't too hard to open, but she did have one of those annoying plastic things stuck in her head that are super annoying to cut.:/  
She has light platinum blond hair and big blue eyes, just like she does in the movie. She also has a few freckles on her face. (Random aside...I think she's the only doll I have that has freckles.XD) When you compare Elsa's skin color to any of my other light-skinned dolls, she looks wayyy paler. Maybe she's been outside making snow and ice too long.;) Whatever, she looks just like movie Elsa, so I like the way doll Elsa looks, but it sure is funny!   She has a friendly smile on her face. Depending on which angle you look at her, she either looks happy and excited, or a bit sad. I think she would take good pictures for a photostory.
Elsa's hair is fixed in a somewhat loose French braid with a black headband and bangs swept off to one side. My Elsa has hair that was kinda messy right out of the box, but that's ok.  It's just a regular-looking French braid, and I know how to fix that should it fall out or something.  
Elsa's cobalt blue dress looks like it's two pieces, but it's really all one piece. (fine by me; I haven't got any other clothes to fit her anyways.  Well, Ariel's mermaid outfit would fit, but that would look pretty silly.)  It's made of a pretty satin-y material that would probably snag easily. Her dress has a  snowflake pattern on it. 
She also has light blue tights and black ballet flats with a snowflake design on the toe. 
Elsa CAN sit, but the tights fall down every time.  

So, in conclusion, I think DAC Elsa is great doll for any little kid, or older kid, or a kid at heart. She looks exactly like little kid Elsa from the beginning of the movie. I would NOT NOT NOT give her to a 3 year old, though! (age says 3+ on the box)  Maybe a 6+ age rating would be better?  I just think a 3 year old would wreck her hair and clothes in about two minutes flat.
I give my Elsa a 9.5/10.  (The half point is for the messy hair right out of the box and the tights that fall down when she sits. I love her all the same though.)

And now....A PIC OF ELSA (AND MY SIS'S ANNA) BY MY SISTER POSTED BELOW!! 

~Manta~

8/01/2014 6:01 PM  #2

Re: DAC Toddler Elsa Doll Review:)

Goofy MB won't let me log in.

Anyways.....here ya go, sis.

8/03/2014 7:50 AM  #3

Wow! 

BTW yes, I did get a new password!!! YAY!

I'm a banana! AnonymousA here!
Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!
I NEED #33 RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM! lol

8/10/2014 3:45 PM  #4

Nice review, sis!! . (MB is letting me login now )

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

8/14/2014 3:26 PM  #5

Thx sis

P.S. Can ya post the pic of Elsa and Marie together please?;)

~Manta~

8/25/2014 3:58 PM  #6

Cute!
Have you tried fitting an AG outfit on her?  I'd be interested to see if it fit!
That's so cool you got her!  And I know what you mean, I think it's crazy 1 year olds have dolls like Caroline Abott!!!  

8/25/2014 4:22 PM  #7

Hope wrote:

Cute!
Have you tried fitting an AG outfit on her?  I'd be interested to see if it fit!
That's so cool you got her!  And I know what you mean, I think it's crazy 1 year olds have dolls like Caroline Abott!!!  

I think she's cuter than that pic lolXD  I'll try to post a better one soon

Since I did the review, I have tried AG outfits on her.  Elsa is two inches shorter and wayyy skinnier than an AG doll, so AG-sized bottoms won't stay up; they fall right off.  She can get away with dresses and shirts, though. Especially if they have a tie in the back, then they look like they actually fit
And I haven't seen her in store or online since...MOI IS HAPPY I HAVE HER      IKR, ridiculous!!  Really little kids can't take care of doll hair...and even if AG's didn't have hair, I wouldn't give a $100 doll to a toddler lol

~Manta~

8/27/2014 7:37 AM  #8

Uh... Without hair I think the doll'd be uh..... 90$....

I'm a banana! AnonymousA here!
Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!
I NEED #33 RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM! lol

10/06/2016 4:35 PM  #9

Manta wrote:

I got Disney Animators Collection toddler Elsa at the Disney Store Wednesday morning. She is so cute!!  It was a good thing we got to the store right at opening becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and there were only two Elsas left (mine and another little girl took the other about a minute after I picked up mine)  My sis got a plush grown-up Anna. (Well, 18 or whatever age she's supposed to be for most of the movie isn't a 'grown-up', but she's not a little kid like the DAC dolls are supposed to be.;))

Elsa's box wasn't too hard to open, but she did have one of those annoying plastic things stuck in her head that are super annoying to cut.:/  
She has light platinum blond hair and big blue eyes, just like she does in the movie. She also has a few freckles on her face. (Random aside...I think she's the only doll I have that has freckles.XD) When you compare Elsa's skin color to any of my other light-skinned dolls, she looks wayyy paler. Maybe she's been outside making snow and ice too long.;) Whatever, she looks just like movie Elsa, so I like the way doll Elsa looks, but it sure is funny!   She has a friendly smile on her face. Depending on which angle you look at her, she either looks happy and excited, or a bit sad. I think she would take good pictures for a photostory.
Elsa's hair is fixed in a somewhat loose French braid with a black headband and bangs swept off to one side. My Elsa has hair that was kinda messy right out of the box, but that's ok.  It's just a regular-looking French braid, and I know how to fix that should it fall out or something.  
Elsa's cobalt blue dress looks like it's two pieces, but it's really all one piece. (fine by me; I haven't got any other clothes to fit her anyways.  Well, Ariel's mermaid outfit would fit, but that would look pretty silly.)  It's made of a pretty satin-y material that would probably snag easily. Her dress has a  snowflake pattern on it. 
She also has light blue tights and black ballet flats with a snowflake design on the toe. 
Elsa CAN sit, but the tights fall down every time.  

So, in conclusion, I think DAC Elsa is great doll for any little kid, or older kid, or a kid at heart. She looks exactly like little kid Elsa from the beginning of the movie. I would NOT NOT NOT give her to a 3 year old, though! (age says 3+ on the box)  Maybe a 6+ age rating would be better?  I just think a 3 year old would wreck her hair and clothes in about two minutes flat.
I give my Elsa a 9.5/10.  (The half point is for the messy hair right out of the box and the tights that fall down when she sits. I love her all the same though.)

And now....A PIC OF ELSA (AND MY SIS'S ANNA) BY MY SISTER POSTED BELOW!! 

Okay...REVIEW UPDATE!
I've had my DAC Elsa for a little over two years now (yikes!). While I still love her, she's gotten a bit 'played-with' looking, even though I've been careful with her. Also, a bit of the rosemaling pattern on the hem of her dress has cracked a bit, as it's decal stuff, not sewn. I'm not picking on her so much as just saying I DEFINITELY would not give her to a little kid if they weren't super careful.:/ Anyways.

~Manta~

10/06/2016 4:39 PM  #10

I've had mine for nearly a year, and she's still perfect, but I've literally barely touched her all year becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I've been either too busy, too distracted, or too sick to play with dolls.

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

Board footera