The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2014 2:12 PM  #21

Re: BeForever debate thread...

Lol I think you already know my opinion;)

The pink explosion isn't just the clothes and things...look at all the background colors. Pink. Pink. Pink.;)  
I see what you're saying about the stereotypes, but then if the AG stuff IS stereotypical, then that means it's not an accurate portrayal of the time. (Do you think that EVERY girl today wears tight jeans and dribbly falling down tops; miniskirts, etc? Of course not. A 100 years from now, that'd be the 2014 stereotype, though...)
I never said that the new AG stuff was immature and babyish...it's got pink all over it and it's not accurate. And there are accessories "missing" from some of the sets.
And about what Jan said, that's just the problem.  Why should movie stars HAVE to be pictured that way?  I'm sure that WAS what AG was going for, but that's not cool.  Looking all like that isn't what a girl should want to copy.;)

What big emotional problem??

~Manta~

8/30/2014 2:53 PM  #22

Jan XD
Movie stars these days...
Beforever is weird imo

8/30/2014 2:56 PM  #23

snowflake the censor word tho XD

8/30/2014 5:43 PM  #24

AnonymousA- Like Manta said, that is precisely the point.  Movie stars these days always act like that, and it isn't an image AG needs to promote to girls, and make them think they should emulate that.   . I didn't say that the new AG stuff was immature or babyish; as a matter of fact, I like a lot of things that other people consider immature or babyish.  My main problem with BeForever is that it is extremely historically inaccurate.  Pleasant Rowland's vision for the company was to teach history to girls, and Mattel has strayed so far from that it isn't even funny.  A movie star doesn't need to act like the way Rebecca looks on the front of that book. 
See any differences?  its absurd.  . I can't believe how far in the wrong direction movie stars have gone.

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

8/30/2014 7:00 PM  #25

snowflake, I don't even know who that second picture is....  (Who is it?)

~Manta~

8/30/2014 9:47 PM  #26

No idea. . I just put most popular movie stars in search engine and picked one.

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

8/31/2014 8:45 AM  #27

Okay. This is maybe my last post here. But.

OKAY LOOK AT THAT. LOOK AT MY DANCE CLASS! OH LOOK MY JAZZ CLASS IS Eat carrots! AHHH WE DO JAZZ AHNDS -sarcastic smile-

-------------------------------(Later I ahve calmed down)
Char from Dolldiaries.com says she was alive in the seventies and she wore julie's stuff. hm... I thought it was inaccurate?! And Samantha's boots WERE the type worn then! AND GUESS WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE PINK! And if you've got a problem with skinny, jeans, I'm never posting a picture of my fave outfit here! END OF STORY 

I'm a banana! AnonymousA here!
Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!
I NEED #33 RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM! lol

8/31/2014 1:01 PM  #28

AnonymousA wrote:

Okay. This is maybe my last post here. But.

OKAY LOOK AT THAT. LOOK AT MY DANCE CLASS! OH LOOK MY JAZZ CLASS IS Eat carrots! AHHH WE DO JAZZ AHNDS -sarcastic smile-

-------------------------------(Later I ahve calmed down)
Char from Dolldiaries.com says she was alive in the seventies and she wore julie's stuff. hm... I thought it was inaccurate?! And Samantha's boots WERE the type worn then! AND GUESS WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE PINK! And if you've got a problem with skinny, jeans, I'm never posting a picture of my fave outfit here! END OF STORY 

What has a jazz class got to do with anything???

Well, both of my parents were around in the 70s too, and they said that nobody wore stuff all put together like that. (It'd be one of those pieces by themselves or something)  Go watch all the Brady Bunch or Partridge Family episodes...NOBODY wears the stuff exactly like that.;)
Not sure about the boots; I never mentioned those.
Well, a lot of people don't like pink too.  And I NEVER said I disliked pink (I do like pink actually!)...It's when there's a pink explosion that I don't like it.  Pink. Pink. Pink. Too much pink.
The problem is not skinny jeans. It's when people wear skinny jeans and tight tops together. Or miniskirts and dribbly shirts.  (I REALLY don't think you wear skinny jeans with a dribbly top or super tight shirt....)

~Manta~

8/31/2014 2:16 PM  #29

NO MARCIA I MISSED YOU!
I pretty much agree with everything Marcia said.  And you should check out the Brady Bunch or the Partridge family!  The only time I've EVER seen anyone wear that in one of those TV shows was when Greg redid his room and he was going around like 'peace' and stuff and he finally realized he was being weird XD

8/31/2014 4:59 PM  #30

I have watched The Brady Bunch thank you very much. I just think that you shoudln't abse your opionion of DOLL CLOTHES on something you saw on TV!

I'm a banana! AnonymousA here!
Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!
I NEED #33 RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM! lol

Board footera