The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2014 5:01 PM  #31

Re: BeForever debate thread...

Oh BTW Marcia, A;pparently you and i have very very veryu very different taste!

I'm a banana! AnonymousA here!
Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!
I NEED #33 RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM! lol

8/31/2014 5:15 PM  #32

AnonymousA wrote:

I have watched The Brady Bunch thank you very much. I just think that you shoudln't abse your opionion of DOLL CLOTHES on something you saw on TV!

Agreed. Since when did Baby Brunch (oops, sorry, my bad, I meant, Brady Bunch) become an encyclopedia of what people wore in the 60's-70's? Sure, maybe that STYLE, but that's JULIE'S STYLE too. 

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
I'm Madi! I'm a professional blogger, YouTuber, 
minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
Check out my website, 
DelightfulWorldofDolls.com!

8/31/2014 5:19 PM  #33

Yes. agreed Madi. The TV is nto the best source of information. You should ACATUALLY try asking several different people about what they worein the 70s!

Meet the dolls and stuffed animals:  Molly! Rebecca! Sophia! Caroline! Mae Kitty! Violet Kitty! Teddy Bear! And Andy Pandy!

8/31/2014 5:22 PM  #34

Manta wrote:

AnonymousA wrote:

Okay. This is maybe my last post here. But.

OKAY LOOK AT THAT. LOOK AT MY DANCE CLASS! OH LOOK MY JAZZ CLASS IS Eat carrots! AHHH WE DO JAZZ AHNDS -sarcastic smile-

-------------------------------(Later I ahve calmed down)
Char from Dolldiaries.com says she was alive in the seventies and she wore julie's stuff. hm... I thought it was inaccurate?! And Samantha's boots WERE the type worn then! AND GUESS WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE PINK! And if you've got a problem with skinny, jeans, I'm never posting a picture of my fave outfit here! END OF STORY 

What has a jazz class got to do with anything???

Well, both of my parents were around in the 70s too, and they said that nobody wore stuff all put together like that. (It'd be one of those pieces by themselves or something)  Go watch all the Brady Bunch or Partridge Family episodes...NOBODY wears the stuff exactly like that.;)
Not sure about the boots; I never mentioned those.
Well, a lot of people don't like pink too.  And I NEVER said I disliked pink (I do like pink actually!)...It's when there's a pink explosion that I don't like it.  Pink. Pink. Pink. Too much pink.
The problem is not skinny jeans. It's when people wear skinny jeans and tight tops together. Or miniskirts and dribbly shirts.  (I REALLY don't think you wear skinny jeans with a dribbly top or super tight shirt....)

Well, maybe Julie is different than "What everybody wore" after all AG's all about finding your own style and all. 

The boots are historically accurate. 

So some people like pink. Some people don't. Big deal! I'm not crazy about pink either. But I like it, I think it's def. Sam's color. She's all pink. Accept that people

Well some people like skinny jeans with tight or dribbly tops or mini skirts or whatever. That's their style, their opinion. I don't see how it concerns us.

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
Check out my website, 

8/31/2014 5:25 PM  #35

Yeah, what does the current fashion trend got to do with AG?!

8/31/2014 5:29 PM  #36

Exactly!

Check out my website, 

8/31/2014 5:31 PM  #37

And I mena why change "Be - FOREVER" to Befornever? That's just a little unesscary, don't you think? I mean we get it some people don't like Be-FOREVER but seriously.

Check out my website, 

8/31/2014 5:38 PM  #38

MadCat wrote:

AnonymousA wrote:

I have watched The Brady Bunch thank you very much. I just think that you shoudln't abse your opionion of DOLL CLOTHES on something you saw on TV!

Agreed. Since when did Baby Brunch (oops, sorry, my bad, I meant, Brady Bunch) become an encyclopedia of what people wore in the 60's-70's? Sure, maybe that STYLE, but that's JULIE'S STYLE too. 

(This is Ellie using my dolls' account - it wouldn't let me make a new one for myself)

I think it is true to what most people wore then becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it was a show that was made for kids of that time to relate to, therefore, I think the clothing was accurate. Julie most likely wore what the common kids then wore. However, didn't Brady Bunch end in 1974? Julie's books go all the way to 1976 or something.
Julie Newman's time capsule is a great doll blog about kids from that time - just google it and look at the styles on those dolls

I'm a banana! It's us - Jasmine and Payton the two JLY dolls from www.anamericangirldollstory.blogspot.com!!

As you can tell from our username, we LOVE dogs!! We'd love to be your friends!! (Yes, we do share this account).

8/31/2014 5:39 PM  #39

I didn't know Julie's books went that far wow

Check out my website, 

8/31/2014 5:40 PM  #40

MadCat wrote:

And I mena why change "Be - FOREVER" to Befornever? That's just a little unesscary, don't you think? I mean we get it some people don't like Be-FOREVER but seriously.

I think they are trying to say that not many people like beforever and it is going to put AG out of business,

I'm a banana! It's us - Jasmine and Payton the two JLY dolls from www.anamericangirldollstory.blogspot.com!!

As you can tell from our username, we LOVE dogs!! We'd love to be your friends!! (Yes, we do share this account).

Board footera