The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2014 5:41 PM  #41

Re: BeForever debate thread...

MadCat wrote:

I didn't know Julie's books went that far wow

I think in the mystery books she is 11 or something, and isn't changes for Julie bases in 1976. Idk for sure though

I'm a banana! It's us - Jasmine and Payton the two JLY dolls from www.anamericangirldollstory.blogspot.com!!

As you can tell from our username, we LOVE dogs!! We'd love to be your friends!! (Yes, we do share this account).

8/31/2014 6:48 PM  #42

qqqq...well that escalated quickly :3
Think about it.  We watch TV today, and all the latest trends/what people are wearing are on there.  Same thing with the TV shows back then.  And if you look at Julie's locker accessories, she's a huge Brady bunch fan.  They wear wayyy different clothes then Julie's collection.
Did anyone see Sam's biking outfit?  Yuck
And baby bunch??  Seriously?

8/31/2014 8:08 PM  #43

Lol, they're all babies in the baby bunch XD

9/01/2014 6:55 AM  #44

Hope wrote:

NO MARCIA I MISSED YOU!
I pretty much agree with everything Marcia said.  And you should check out the Brady Bunch or the Partridge family!  The only time I've EVER seen anyone wear that in one of those TV shows was when Greg redid his room and he was going around like 'peace' and stuff and he finally realized he was being weird XD

Yeah, it was even weird on the 70s TV showXD Lol

~Manta~

9/01/2014 6:59 AM  #45

weluvdogs wrote:

MadCat wrote:

AnonymousA wrote:

I have watched The Brady Bunch thank you very much. I just think that you shoudln't abse your opionion of DOLL CLOTHES on something you saw on TV!

Agreed. Since when did Baby Brunch (oops, sorry, my bad, I meant, Brady Bunch) become an encyclopedia of what people wore in the 60's-70's? Sure, maybe that STYLE, but that's JULIE'S STYLE too. 

(This is Ellie using my dolls' account - it wouldn't let me make a new one for myself)

I think it is true to what most people wore then becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it was a show that was made for kids of that time to relate to, therefore, I think the clothing was accurate. Julie most likely wore what the common kids then wore. However, didn't Brady Bunch end in 1974? Julie's books go all the way to 1976 or something.
Julie Newman's time capsule is a great doll blog about kids from that time - just google it and look at the styles on those dolls

First, Ellie, if you want your own account, I can make one for real you so you don't have to use your doll account.;)

Yeah, exactly....that's what I meant.  Yep, 1974 is when the Brady Bunch ended. BUT, that means that if Julie is in 1976, we should be even further from the total hippie look since we're farther from the  60s.

~Manta~

9/01/2014 9:39 AM  #46

Hope wrote:

qqqq...well that escalated quickly :3
Think about it. We watch TV today, and all the latest trends/what people are wearing are on there. Same thing with the TV shows back then. And if you look at Julie's locker accessories, she's a huge Brady bunch fan. They wear wayyy different clothes then Julie's collection.
Did anyone see Sam's biking outfit? Yuck
And baby bunch?? Seriously?

Well I wear different thigns than everyone wears on tv. a. I'm way more modest 2. I'm cheap and not ashamed to say it 3. I have my won style 
maybe Julie has her own style different than what everyone wears on TV after all her mom is the only one who supports them so they don't have a lot of money coming in after her dad left. Think about it. The stuff in style nowadays is pretty $$$. I wear stuff that's not really all in styleish. Clothes not really in style anymore are usually offered at a discount price on clearance or something. Julie probably got her clothes that way. *flash news alert!*

Yuck is right but it's historically acurate. Can't argue with that. I only like the blouse. bye-bye to the hideous pants!..

That was....a typo. Seriously. 

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
I'm Madi! I'm a professional blogger, YouTuber, 
minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
Check out my website, 
DelightfulWorldofDolls.com!

9/01/2014 10:34 AM  #47

I know that, but the biking outfit is so gross.  I can't believe people would wear that!  And the only thing about it, in the 1904's (Victorian age) it was very uncommon for girls to wear pants.  In fact, the honestly never did.
I think they started wearing them in the 1920's or 30's maybe?

9/01/2014 10:57 AM  #48

THIS IS FOR A GAME ON AGH....NONE OF IT IS TRUE!! Lol

1) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
2) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
3) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
4) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
5) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
6) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
7) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
8) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
9) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
10) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
11) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
12) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
13) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
14) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!
15) I LOVE BEFOREVER SO MUCH I'LL DIE AND I'M GOING TO BUY IT ALL AND I PERFECTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ANONYMOUSA SAYS AND I AM HER SLAVE!

Again, none of that is true...in fact, I think the total opposite.XD

~Manta~

9/01/2014 11:00 AM  #49

snowflake
Hmmmm...

9/01/2014 12:48 PM  #50

AnonymousA wrote:

Okay. This is maybe my last post here. But.

OKAY LOOK AT THAT. LOOK AT MY DANCE CLASS! OH LOOK MY JAZZ CLASS IS Eat carrots! AHHH WE DO JAZZ AHNDS -sarcastic smile- 

What does jazz class have to do with this?

Board footera