The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2014 2:50 PM  #1

HELP!

(Marcia - I'm not allowed in the girl's section, only girls intros, otherwise I would psot this in the appropiate section. my apologies!!!)
My doll Molly is over two, going on three years old, being my first big AG doll. (that's how long I've had her) well, I have been using a plastic brush (didn't even know it was plastic!) on her hair until April of 2013! it wrecked her beautiful hair! take a look at her beautiful hair before it was ruined over time - 

and NOW look. 

I washed her hair and it was softer - for a time. but now that softness has worn off and I just really want it to be beautiful  again. it's not the same beautiful brunette color - it's almost dirty blonde! and the ends are TERRIBLE. I don't want to trim them.... but they're terribly split-endsy!

I ahve enough money to send her to the doll hospital to get a new head - but then, I would never be looking into the same eyes I was looking into all those memories. just a different pair of eyes. Never the same, ever again. It would be heartbreaking for me. 

I tried putting a bit of downy fabric softener in her misting bottle and spritz it on her hair, and I've been doing that for months but I lost my downy and it didn't help. at all.

Has anyone done a downy dunk? is it safe to do it, or will it damage your doll's hair? what else can I do to restore her hair? I'M DESPERATE - I'm afraid I'll have to re-wig her! I've seen someone do it (on a video)..and it's quite gruesome. I might damage her if I try to re-wig her.

PLEASE, SOMEBODY HELP ME! :'(

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
I'm Madi! I'm a professional blogger, YouTuber, 
minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
Check out my website, 
DelightfulWorldofDolls.com!

1/21/2014 3:07 PM  #2

Re: HELP!

Poor Molly! I really wouldn't send her to the hospital; I totally agree about the fact that she just wouldn't be the same. I haven't done a downy dunk, and I don't know what to do aside from washing it in baby shampoo... that helped Kirsten a bit. When you washed her hair, did you use baby or normal shampoo? If it was normal shampoo, I would try the baby one. If it was the baby one, then maybe just wash it again, and do it every few months? IDK. I hope you can get better advice than my silly questions.

Last edited by DodgersGirl (1/21/2014 3:08 PM)

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

1/21/2014 3:48 PM  #3

I used my shampoo (Suave Kids 2-in-1 wild watermelon conditioning shampoo). So obviously not baby shampoo. I'll try that! No, no, it really helped, your questiosn aren't silly

[img]http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/About-Madi-©-Madi-Grace-Ministries.jpg[/img]
I'm Madi! I'm a professional blogger, YouTuber, 
minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and devil butt-kicker.
Check out my website, 
DelightfulWorldofDolls.com!

1/22/2014 11:09 AM  #4

Okay! I used a special baby shampoo with a sort of mixed-in conditioner or something. Thanks.

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

1/22/2014 7:37 PM  #5

I think you should post this in "Suggestions and Questions".

Downey dunk. It wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm a banana peeps! Rebecca,Saige,+the minis is my dolls account.I'm 10. I got Rebecca for Christmas and mini MG for my birthday.I am S.W.A.G. as well as my doll Saige.(Super White And Ginger)

Board footera