The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2014 4:29 PM  #1

TR for the Trip I Went on March 11th-12th:P

I know the trip was ages ago, but I wanted to write a TR for it and I kept forgetting so I wrote it tonight. Here it is:

We set off Tuesday morning just before 8:40, which was more than half an hour late, so we spent most of the 1 and a half hour car trip listening to my dad saying we weren’t going to get there by 10, when he’d agreed to leave the car with the mechanic. There was one good thing about leaving late though: just before we walked out the door I remembered to bring my brother’s USB recording device, which I used to record some of the crazy trip (but half of it came out inaudible, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I had it in a space in the car door and it’s all rattly), which started with my brother complaining becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and Sarah was less than an inch ‘on his side’ of the car, and then pretending to be a dog. I was nicely awake, although we had gotten to bed late the night before (thanks to the tick who decided to eat me after I went into the garden that day), and promptly tried to get my brother to help me sing some goofy songs. He wouldn’t, though, and my dad wouldn’t let me sing anyway. We spent most of the rest of the trip listening to my mom and dad talking about boring stuff, until we got into a discussion about what we would do that day and the next. We finally decided to start with the museum, then go for lunch at a Thai café we used to like, then maybe go to the nature reserve we used to hike in. Then the next day, we’d look at my Doctor Who filming locations and have lunch at another little café we knew. (My dad had also promised his old work colleagues he’d meet them during their lunch break.) After that I managed to sing the goofy axe murderer song we made up years ago without getting in trouble, and then we drove past Thrope Park, and I said ‘Hey, that’s Stealth!’ and my brother started talking about it to my dad (starting with ‘Hey, Dad, did you see Stealth? Now, don’t you want to go on that?... Well, maybe I won’t make you...’ and then teasing him about how fast and high it is).-_- At least my dad softened up after that and even harmonized with me when I sang the ‘Beans’ song.XD
Finally, we arrived and dropped the car off with the mechanic, who lent us his.
We found the museum a lot less interesting than it had been when we were younger, and the only thing my brother really liked was the skeleton. I was generally left tagging along behind him and my dad (my mom went shopping), becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I was taking pictures of Sarah, but I caught up with them in the end, and laughed when my dad almost walked into the adjoining library, talking loudly.XD
After lunch, we did manage to go to the nature reserve, and we even saw some buzzards. I got annoyed becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and all my brother wanted to do was play army games or skip stones on the pond, but I wanted to walk. We got a little of each in in the end, and then had to go fetch my mom and get to the hotel (where my dad and brother watched soccer on TV).
Getting into my bed, I found out that it was probably harder than the floor, AND it had poky springs. In fact, I probably would’ve TRIED to sleep on the floor if my mom hadn’t said something about bedbugs.XD I thought I’d be up all night, but I was so tired I feel asleep quite soon, only to be woken up every 2 hours by my mom snoring.XD (She’d had a cold and her nose was blocked, but BOY, did she snore!)
The next morning, the car was ready to be picked up earlier than we thought, which got in the way of our plans a bit, but not too badly. We had to pack everything up in a hurry though.
While my dad met his old colleagues, my brother and I had to be dragged around the town his old office was in by my mom. (I did get some nice things for my dolls though.)
After  that, we went back to the other town, and my mom went shopping (AGAIN) while my dad drove my brother and me around, looking for the Doctor Who filming locations. That was probably the least successful part of the trip though, and we wasted the whole afternoon finding nothing except some ‘maybe’s and a lot of places that Doctor Who WASN’T filmed, and spent ages driving around looking for a particular building.
That was about the end of the trip. I have no idea whether to call it awful or funny, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it was annoying at the time, but afterwards I actually think everything that happened to us was kinda silly.XD

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

Board footera