The Doll Dwelling
Where dolls (and their owners!) come to chat!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2014 8:04 AM  #1

Frozen Discussion Thread :D :)

YES, I REALIZE FROZEN DOESN'T REALLY BELONG IN DOLL DISCUSSION!  I moved it so everybody talk on this thread. (This doesn't mean that any old thread can go here; it's just for this particular thread;))

I thought we should have a Frozen thread...

Things that include spoilers are 100% fine, so to anyone who doesn't want to see spoilers, don't read this thread please.

Last edited by Manta (9/05/2014 11:31 AM)

~Manta~

9/05/2014 8:09 AM  #2

Re: Frozen Discussion Thread :D :)

Oooohhhhh,  I LOVE Frozen!!! . It's one of my favorite movies of all time!!!!  Elsa and Anna are two of my favorite princesses!  (I copied and pasted the rest of this from ag homeschool, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I didn't want to have to type it all out again )
I know this thread hasn't been posted in in a while, but......I JUST LOVE FROZEN SO MUCH!!!!! :D
And I bawl all through it.  I bawl when Elsa strikes Anna with her powers when they're kids, I bawl during Do you Want to Build a Snowman, I really bawl when Elsa runs away (that look on her face after she freezes the fountain and everyone is backing away from her is heartbreaking), I bawl during For the First Time in Forever reprise, I bawl when Hans betrays Anna, and then I REALLY bawl when Anna freezes and saves Elsa.  And then I bawl some more when they hug. heehee.  Yeah, I bawl a lot during the movie.....although it usually has to be silent bawling becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and it drives Manta/Marcia crazy!!!! XDXDXDXDXD. And I sing along with all the songs, and I love Let it Go.

I think I've seen the movie upwards of 20 times, and know the lyrics to alllll of the songs.  One of them is always in my head, too!!!! .

Let it gooooo. let it gooooo, can't hold it back anymore.  Let it gooooo, let it goooo, turn away and slam the dooooorrrrr, I don't care what they're going to sayyyyyy.  Let the storm rage ooooonnnnnm, the cold never bothered me anyway!!!!!!!

What is your favorite part of the movie??

Oh, and random: Hans is such a jerk!!!!!! 

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127273890@N04/
(It is completely dolls and Disney stuff. )

9/05/2014 8:39 AM  #3

Here's some things that tell you Hans is the bad guy ...I don't think you could catch all of these on a first (or even second or third) viewing, but they're definitely there. In fact, some of these you CAN'T catch on the first viewing becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and he's just plain lying. (My sis and I have watched it on DVD at least 20-odd times [we lost track after 15XD], and we still have caught new things)

~In "Love is an Open Door", he sings 'I've been searching my whole life to find my own place...'    and isn't looking at Anna; he's looking out over Arendelle.0.O 

~In the ballroom when he and Anna want Elsa's blessing on their marriage, he rolls his eyes when Anna says that they'll have 'soup, roast, and ice cream'.  I believe he rolls his eyes again in that scene, but I can't remember where.  

~Right after Anna says "I'm completely ordinary" to the Duke of Weselton, Hans says "That's right, she is."  Then Anna looks at him quizzically and he stammers and syays 'In the best way.'  Oh, I'm sure he thinks she's completely ordinary.  He doesn't care about her...   

~After Elsa runs away from the coronation and Anna is about to leave on her horse to go look for her, Hans is so admant that he wants to go with her UNTIL ANNA SAYS SHE WANTS TO LEAVE HIM IN CHARGE. "On my honor," Hans says. Yeah, right. :/  

~When Anna's horse comes galloping into the courtyard, Hans smiles up at the North Mountain before he says anything.:/  There is nothing to smile about unless you're a creep. 

~In the fight with the guards in the ice palace, he looks up at the chandelier before sending the arrow flying.  So he MEANT to make the chandelier fall on Elsa. (I'm thinking he wanted to take Elsa back to Arendelle {he thinks she does know how to unfreeze everything}, knew she wouldn't come voluntarily, and so did that instead....)  Before that, he tells Elsa 'Don't be the monster they fear you are.'  Seriously??!! They were trying to kill her!!  I still think she would have been completely in the right if she made the one guy fall off the balcony.-_-  

~In the dungeon/cell scene, Elsa doesn't know that Hans is in charge; she says "You have to tell them to let me go!"  Hans says "I will do what I can."  He's supposed to be in charge, but oh no, don't tell Queen Elsa that.  He just lies to her instead.  

~The whole scene in the library with Anna.  Anna isn't any use to his plans anymore, so he dumps her and then proceeds to make fun of her. "You were willing to marry me just like that!" I could post his whole speech from that scene...grrr -_-

~He lies to all the dignitaries when he says Anna is dead. NO SHE'S NOT HE LEFT HER LOCKED IN THE LIBRARY!!  And they did NOT say any marriage vows!

~He sentences Elsa to death?!  How can he sentence QUEEN Elsa to death.   That is so weird.  Does he assume that just becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and he'd got Elsa locked up he can do what he wants???  I mean, if you wanna be technical, she's still the queen...:/

​~After Elsa escapes, when Hans goes looking for her out on the ice, he's trying to play the good guy ['I tried to save her, but it was too late'] (still!) and put all the blame on Elsa. "Your sister is dead...becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and of you." Not only is Anna not dead, he did NOT try to save her, and he had to know that Elsa would be mortified and heartbroken if he told her that.  Did he know Elsa would break down in tears like that?  I guess he wanted to make sure Elsa was totally upset before he killed her. Grrrr...    Good thing Anna messed up his plans!

I AM ALWAYS SO PLEASED WHEN ANNA PUNCHES HIM IN THE WATER AT THE END!!

Ok, I know this was kinda long, and I am sure I missed stuff.  Feel free to add to this!  I think Hans is actually a creepier villian in some way since he's (sadly) pretty realistic.  Anyways...  

~Manta~

9/05/2014 8:43 AM  #4

Yeah, I think Elsa shoulda pushed the one guy off the balcony.  I mean, I don't think he would've died or something, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and Anna and Kristoff fell from a higher height than that onto snow, too, and they were fine.  Teach the guy a lesson, though!!! XD

And I still don't see why someone doesn't go to check on Anna even after Hans tells them that she's dead.  I mean, she's the princess, wouldn't the be a little more worried about her death?? 

9/05/2014 11:33 AM  #5

Jan wrote:

Yeah, I think Elsa shoulda pushed the one guy off the balcony. I mean, I don't think he would've died or something, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and Anna and Kristoff fell from a higher height than that onto snow, too, and they were fine. Teach the guy a lesson, though!!! XD

And I still don't see why someone doesn't go to check on Anna even after Hans tells them that she's dead. I mean, she's the princess, wouldn't the be a little more worried about her death??

The only thing is, if Elsa HAD knocked him off, she probably would have blamed herself for being a so-called 'monster', even though she would have been totally in the right.:/   Anyways...

Yeah, that is odd.

~Manta~

9/05/2014 11:37 AM  #6

Hmph.  That guard was an old meanie!!!

9/05/2014 4:48 PM  #7

Hm, yes, Hans is mean, but I like him being nice (real nice!) better then Kristoff.  Kristoff is too moody and weird sometimes!

9/05/2014 5:44 PM  #8

But Hans is NEVER NICE. Even when he's acting nice, he's actually being a creep.:/ Lol

Examples of Kristoff being moody and weird, if you please?;)  

~Manta~

9/09/2014 10:32 AM  #9

I just watched Frozen and I really love it! I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner. It's so cute at the beginning, and the middle's really funny, and most of the end is so sad, but I loved it. I have 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?' in my head now. I think Anna's my favorite character, but I love Elsa and Kristoff too, and I got SOOOO mad when Hans turned traitor.-_- The only thing that truly annoyed me all the time was the trolls. They were okay the first time, I suppose, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and they didn't do much (although they were still kinda weird), but the second time when they do that stupid song about putting Kristoff and Anna together, they drive me crazy. I can't decide what my favorite part of the movie is, becuase my pet tiger nearly ate me and I loved most of it. The songs are (mostly) really good too. I think my favorite songs were 'For The First Time In Forever', 'Let It Go', and 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?' My least favorite was the trolls' song (I can't remember what it was called). I wanna watch the movie again though.XD

I'm a banana, I'm Nikki! I'm 17 years old, and live in England. I love almost anything to do with the arts, as well as musicals (especially Phantom of the Opera and My Fair Lady), climbing trees, Disney, and the '70s! I'm a little bit crazy sometimes.;)

9/09/2014 11:56 AM  #10

The trolls' song is called "Fixer-Upper". The trolls don't really annoy me, but they are pretty silly. . Glad you enjoyed the movie!!!!!

Board footera